Purchased from Sephora: $39.00 + taxes
Rating: 5.9/10 – thumbs down
As the harsh winter weather approached, I was looking for some reinforcement products. I stumbled upon First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.
The reviews from users were high and well recommended on various forums.
When words like “ultra” and “intense” are used in creams, I trust that they will not be misleading and do what it advertises.
Yes it was bit pricey but if you see my Eczema during the winter months, well I’d pay any price to soothe and ease that.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream claims:
“FAB Ultra Repair Cream is a thick, rich, emollient product that hydrates deep down with exceptional penetration. With the help of colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, soothing eucalyptus oil and ceramides, FAB Ultra Repair Cream provides immediate relief and visible improvement for distressed skin. FAB Antioxidant Booster is there to defend skin from free radical damage. Ultra Repair Cream can be used all over the body and on the face.”
- The quantity is generous; it could last you month and more with 2x daily use**
- The cream is thick and feels like it moisturizes skin without greasing
- It smells. Even though it is suppose to be “unscented”, it smells like a wet unwashed dish rag
- It doesn’t work as advertises. Yes it moisturizes for a brief amount of time but no better than lotion I can slather on
- It is expensive for the benefits received
- Too thick to apply on face
Overall, I would not recommend this product. It does moisturize for a brief time but did not soothe my Eczema nor was there improvement in my distressed dry skin. I will finish this jar but will not purchase again.
** I’ve been using this product for 3 weeks.