Please welcome the newest addition to my skin regiment family: the Clarisonic Mia 2.
Purchased from Sephora: $175 + taxes
Included: Sample size gel cleanser, travel case, charger and 1 sensitive brush head.
This was my first “major” expensive purchase for my face and it was the beginning of a domino effect.
I had read several reviews on this product before purchase (majority which were overwhelmingly positive) & decided to purchase this myself to try.
**Sephora has a 30 day return policy even if opened/used as long as it is accompanied by a receipt.
The Clarisonic claims:
“Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing Systems use a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to gently, yet thoroughly remove 6X more makeup and 2X more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone. Cleaner skin is the first step toward healthier skin. And healthier skin is smoother, more radiant and more beautiful.”
I’ve been using the product for over a month once a day and I give it a thumbs up.
How to use:
Wet your face and brush. Apply cleanser to brush and choose your speed setting (1,2,3) to begin.
Use the brush in a circular motion for the target area on your face. Do not press down too hard on your skin but let the brush skim across. Start with your cheeks, nose, chin and then forehead.
Clean brush and rinse face. Pat dry.
- Cleans your face in 1 minute, with vibrating pulses that let you know when to move onto the next area (forehead, cheeks, chin and nose)
- Waterproof so it could be done in the shower
- Leaves a supreme clean texture and feeling on your skin. Allows for follow up toner and moisturizer to absorb better
- May be used with other cleanser brands
- Brush needs to be changed every 3 months ($25)
- Product cannot stand or be stored properly. Must lay on side
- Does not have warning indicator when it needs to be recharged
Overall, I’d recommend the Clarisonic. I haven’t seen a vast difference in the size of my pores or skin complexion yet I do feel it cleanses deeply and thoroughly. It is stated you might break out as the impurities are released but that should pass.
I purchased the 2nd tier, 2 speed Mia. Personally, I think you only have to purchase the basic system with 1 speed as it cleans well and anything more I’d think it’d be too abrasive.
Oh and just as a heads up, it feels hilarious on your nose (like hitting your funny elbow but for your nose).
Of course buying the Clarisonic has opened up a whole door of new skin cleaning regiments.
Stay tuned for more face product reviews.